COVID-19: WE'RE REOPENING SOON
We’ve been accredited with Visit Britain’s industry standard and consumer mark, confirming that we are following government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and we are Good to Go. International visitors can be assured too, as have the Safe Travels stamp to demonstrate our global compliance.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RESEARCHING SAFELY
- You do not need a general admission timed entry ticket to book a research visit
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell
- Face coverings are required at all times, unless you carry a valid exemption card/badge
- Everyone who enters the building is required to have their temperature checked and use the hand sanitiser. The temperature check is contactless. Hand sanitiser is available at the front desk and again at the Museum welcome area
- Please bring your library card with you. If this is your first research visit, you will need to register as a reader so download the form below, fill it out and email it to us before you come. You will need to bring photo ID and proof of address. A card will be issued when you get here
- Three research spaces are available each morning and afternoon from Wednesday through to Saturday. You must book at least three days in advance of your planned visit. You can book both a morning and afternoon session if necessary
- To book your place, email us or telephone 020 7395 9257
- Bookings are on a first come, first served basis
- After booking your place, let us know what library and archive resources you want to see. You will have to order items at least three days before you visit. Our online catalogue is here
- Please note: not all books have unique call numbers, so add details of the author, title and year of publication (if known). Also send us dates, titles and call numbers for archives, or get in touch to discuss items you want to see
- Books and archives must be quarantined for 72 hours after use. Access to some items may not be possible if booked by another researcher or if they are in quarantine. Be aware ordering more resources or booking more sessions than you need prevents access by others
- The front desk at Freemasons’ Hall will expect you. Also, please check in at the Museum welcome area in the North Gallery. We will ask you to wash your hands with water – not use sanitiser – before handling books and archives
- One of our team will bring you to the Library where your resources will be waiting on an allocated desk
- The cloakroom is not open, so please don’t bring anything you can’t carry with you
- The toilets are open in the Museum corridor and are cleaned regularly
- Please keep your distance from those not in your party
- Finally, to make sure you have a safe and productive time, please follow any further instructions given to you by our team
If you haven’t previously done any research into freemasonry and are looking to learn more about family members that may have been freemasons, you may find our family history pages useful before booking a research slot.
We're looking forward to seeing you again!